JAPANESE CANADIAN CULTURAL CENTRE OF MONTREAL
SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM 2019
*****Announcement of winners*****
Congratulations to Haruka Yoshida and Angelina Zang who donated their time and energy to promote and to participate in Japanese Canadian events.
The purpose of this program, is to support Nikkei youth (under 30 years of age), in their pursuit of higher education, keeping in mind the importance of community involvement. We will provide 2 scholarships ($500 each) to 2 members of the local Nikkei community, in order to assist with their post-secondary education expenses.
– Candidates must be residents of Quebec;
– Must be of Japanese heritage (full or part);
– Must be registered full-time in a post-secondary program in Quebec
– Candidates must be currently enrolled in a full-time program, with the intention to continue for the January 2019 semester;
– A written request must be made to the JCCCM, and must contain the candidate’s contact information, their future plans/goals, as well as an explanation of the candidate’s involvement with the Japanese community.
– Deadline for submission is December 1, 2018. Applications may be emailed to the Japanese Canadian Cultural Centre of Montreal at email@example.com.
– The successful candidates will be advised by January 31, 2019, at which time, proof of current school registration will be requested.