The purpose of this program, is to support Nikkei youth (under 30 years of age), in their pursuit of higher education, keeping in mind the importance of community involvement. We will provide one scholarship of $500 to a member of the local Nikkei community, in order to assist with their post-secondary education expenses.
- Candidates must be residents of Quebec;
- Must be of Japanese heritage (full or part);
- Must be registered full-time in a post-secondary program in Quebec
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in a full-time program, with the intention to continue for the January 2021 semester;
- A written request must be made to the JCCCM, and must contain the candidate’s contact information, their future plans/goals, as well as an explanation of the candidate’s involvement with the Japanese community.
***Due to the various COVID-related closures, we are extending the deadline to apply for the JCCCM Scholarship, to Monday, January 11, 2021.***
- Deadline for submission is
January 1, 2021.Applications may be emailed to the Japanese Canadian Cultural Centre of Montreal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The successful candidate will be advised by January 31, 2021, at which time, proof of current school registration will be requested.